- This event has passed.
Canceled – 26-30, 2020 -Lions International Convention, Singapore
June 26, 2020 @ 8:00 am - June 30, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
The Lions International Convention THIS coming June 26-30, 2020 will be held in Singapore
Welcome to our 103rd International Convention in Singapore, noted as the second safest city in the world by the Economist Magazine and one of the most expensive cities globally.
LCI is advises that the Elizabeth Hotel will be the Michigan Hotel for Singapore. The hotel is located about 3 miles from the Sands Convention Center and a 20 minute drive from the Singapore (Sin-Changi) airport. The hotel is located uphill from the Orchard Mall (high-end shopping), so consider this if you have a walking challenge. Please check the on-line reviews as you consider this hotel.
Lion Bill Simpson , International Convention Chair
Here are a few facts to round out your experience.
- Singapore is 12 hours ahead of Detroit time; Airport code: Singapore (SIN) and Detroit (DTW)
- Travel from Detroit to Singapore is 22 hours and 9400 miles. Detroit to Australia is 23 ½ hours and 9900 miles.
- Singapore is located 85 miles south of the equator with its average humidity above 50%. Weather is considered tropical year-round. Daily rainstorms are possible any time but usually peak in November and December. Daily high temperatures are around 88° F, rarely falling below 85° F or exceeding 91° Daily lows are around 79° F and rarely fall below 77° F.
- Singapore receives predictable haze and smoke from the slash & burn agricultural fires in nearby Sumatra, Indonesia. Travelers with respiratory problems should check the “Haze in Singapore” website.
- No visas are required for the International Convention and those Lions staying 30 days or less. You should have a copy of your travel itinerary for customs officials.
Things to see
Singapore Botanical Gardens
China Town – Thian Hock Temple
Universal Studios Singapore